This warming red pepper and sweet potato soup from Lucy Bee is delicious, good for you and easy to make...
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 250g chopped red onions
- 600g peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (mild or hot)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 x 460g jar roasted red (bell) pepper drained and chopped
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, sweet potatoes, smoked paprika and garlic, and sauté for five minutes or until onions are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for ten minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add the roasted red (bell) peppers and simmer for a further five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for five minutes before blitzing in a blender.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir in the chopped coriander.
Lucy Bee's new cookbook Coconut Oil: Recipes For Real Life is available now