RICHARD TURNER from Britain's finest steakhouse chain, Hawksmoor steakhouses, tells us how to cook a steak like a boss.
1. Buy meat that came from a British, grass-fed cow and has been hung for at least 28 days.
2. Choose a thick cut of at least 4cm for a good char on the outside and a juicy inside.
3. Get the grill so hot that it’s painful to hold your hand anywhere near it.
4. Season well with sea salt and ground black pepper. Don’t bother with oil; if the grill is hot, you won’t need it.
5. Stick the steak on, leave for a couple of minutes and then turn.
6. Keep turning the steak until it’s done the way you like it. The cooking time will depend on how hot the grill is and the thickness of the steak.
7. As a rule of thumb, let the steak rest for as long as it took to cook.
8. Eat. Good meat that’s well-seasoned won’t need sauce, just salad to mop up the juice.
Send us photos of your perfect steak to @foreversports_ on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ForeverSports